Honkajoen lukio is a small upper secondary school in northern Satakunta, in the heart of Lauhanvuori-Hämeenkangas Unesco Global Geopark. In Honkajoen lukio the students have a possibility to take environmental education studies, focusing on environmental sciences and know-how. In addition, we also implement entrepreneurship education. Studies in environmental education make one understand sustainable living and its career prospects. A major part of environmental education will be hands-on experience in environmental research and fieldwork.
Due to its small size we provide a safe and cosy community. Well-being of the students is very important to us. We arrange excursions and outdoor activity days regularly. We also provide circumstances to many sports: a gym, an athletics field, a multi-use games area, and an ice rink and cross-country skiing tracks in winter.
We have cooperation with universities. Our students have a chance to take part in university studies and even to get a place to study (nursing science or technology).
Accommodation: there are affordable apartments for rent nearby. Average rent for a studio (single-room) is 350 euros, but it might be wise to rent a bigger apartment together with a fellow student. The rent for an apartment with three rooms and a kitchen varies from 500 to 800 euros. Be prepared to pay one month’s rent as a rent security deposit.
SUBJECTS, study points (compulsory, optional)
- mother tongue and literature
- Finnish as a second language
- mathematics (advanced and basic syllabus)
- English (language starting in grades 1-6 of basic education)
- languages starting in grades 7-9 of basic education: German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Russian
- social studies
- health education
- physical education
- visual arts
- general upper secondary education diplomas in physical education, visual arts, music and home economics
- guidance counselling
- thematic studies e.g.hygiene passport, home economics
- environmental education e.g. sustainable development, natural resources, environmental research
- entrepreneurship education e.g. marketing communications and customer service, circular economy