Janakkala High School is perfectly located in Southern Finland midway between capital Helsinki and the 3rd biggest city Tampere, and next to cities Hämeenlinna and Riihimäki. It takes only an hour to travel from Janakkala to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. The railway track is just a two minute walk from our school.
Janakkala High School is a community of 260 students (100 in Tervakoski branch, 160 in Turenki branch) and 40 teachers.
Our General High School Programme offers quality teaching and our teachers support you on your way to the Finnish matriculation examination (the final tests) but also on your way to applying into universities and further studies after high school.
Our Sports Programme is a perfect choice if you're interested in combining your goal-oriented sports hobby and high school studies. Our sports programme includes extra sports lessons and training your own sports with our sports coach.
Students study in Finnish, study English and can also choose Swedish, French, German and Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese and Italy. The school participates in international projects and cooperation, offers entrepreneurship studies and practices ICT skills in many ways.
Accommodation & Expenses
Our municipality will find you an apartment. The apartment is located just a short walking distance from school and the supermarkets and pharmacy can almost be seen from the apartment!
The cost will be around 430 euros / month including the usage of water, electricity, inetrnet costs and the help and support of Youth Services. We can offer you an apartment to share with some other international student. We will help you with every step!
We offer you:
- General High School or Sports specialized High School
- The regular high school courses but also almost 70 school's own, special courses to choose from
- School supplies, including a laptop
- Free school lunch (mon-fri)
- School tutors
- Free time mentors (adult, educated youth workers)
- Meet and greet at the airport: We'll guide you from there!
- Well organized first weeks including tutoring at school and help with getting to know our town, finding your free time hobbies, the first visit to a pharmacy, supermarket, getting your apartment finished for you...
- Cozy, communal high school environment where help is always available!
The number of Finest Future students to be accepted for academic year 2023-2024
- We will accept approximately 10 students for year 2023-2024
Slides from the webinar we held on 27th of January 2023
Video from the webinar 27th of January 2023
Welcome to our warm community!
If you have any questions, please email
email@example.com / deputy principal of Janakkala High School
firstname.lastname@example.org / Head of Youth Services, coordinatior of housing and freetime support of Finest Future Students
Please apply to our school with guidance from Finest Future. We will demand a motivation letter or video from you between 1st and 31st of March. We would also like to get some references from you previous school. The motivation letter and video must be in written/ spoken in Finnish. Preferably your motivation letter is under 1000 characters / under 4 minutes. Based on video, letter and possible referencies we will interview ~20 students. We will accept approximately 10 students for year 2023-2024.